Transnational network of National Contact Points (NCPs) of Societal Challenge 6 'Europe in a changing world - inclusive, innovative and reflective Societies'
Project Reference: 649180
Coordinator: Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt
NET4SOCIETY4 will be the transnational network of National Contact Points (NCPs) for Societal Challenge 6 (SC6) “Inclusive, innovative, and reflective societies” in Horizon 2020. NCPs are set up to guide researchers in their quest for securing EU funding. NET4SOCIETY4 will further develop the current NET4SOCIETY network of SC6 NCPs (former NCPs for Socio-economic Sciences and Humanities), which was first established in 2008 and includes currently around 80 SC6 NCPs from Europe and beyond.
NET4SOCIETY4 will ensure that all SC6 NCPs have the relevant knowledge and skills for their work and can offer professional, high-quality and tailor-made services to applicants. All nominated SC6 NCPs (also non-beneficiaries) will have access to information and capacity building tools such as workshops, NCP Info days, trainings, online courses, factsheets or newsletters.
NET4SOCIETY4 foresees targeted activities to support applicants in SC6. The project will facilitate interdisciplinary and international consortium building through the organisation of brokerage events, through a dedicated partner search service and through a research directory of SC6 key players. In addition, NET4SOCIETY4 will organise expert meetings e.g. on “impact” of SC6 research and disseminate the meetings’ results to NCPs and applicants.
To support the successful implementation of “embedding” Socio-economic Sciences and Humanities (SSH) in all parts of Horizon 2020, NET4SOCIETY4 will carry out surveys on the integration of SSH in Horizon 2020. The project will publish success stories and factsheets on “embedding”, as well as a document listing funding opportunities for SSH in all of Horizon 2020.
NET4SOCIETY4 will organise two large conferences in the thematic area of SC6 to provide visibility to the funding programme and the possibility to discuss future research needs. Various promotion activities enhancing the visibility of NET4SOCIETY4 services and the SC6 in Horizon 2020 will underline these efforts.
- Agenzia per la Promozione della Ricerca Europea, Italy
- Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, Portugal
- Ethniko Idryma Erevnon, Greece
- The Icelandic Centre for Research, Iceland
- Österreichische Forschungsförderungsgesellschaft mbH, Austria
- Belarusian State University, Belarus
- Agencija za mobilnost i programe Europske unije, Croatia
- Research Promotion Foundation, Cyprus
- Centre national de la recherche scientifique, France
- Instytut Podstawowych Problemow Techniki Polskiej Akademii Nauk, Poland
- Fundación Española para la Ciencia y Tecnología, Spain
- Agencia Andaluza del Conocimiento, Spain
- Verein Euresearch, Switzerland
- Centrum vedecko-technických informácií Slovenskej republiky, Slovakia
Start Date: 2015-02-01
End Date: 2019-02-01
EUR 2 999 989
EUR 3 043 489
Coordination and support action
Topic: REFLECTIVE-10-2014 - Mobilising the network of National Contact Points in Societal Challenge 6
Funded under: H2020-EU.3.6.