Connecting Russian and European Measures for Large-scale Research Infrastructures
Project Reference: 654166
Coordinator: Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
This CREMLIN proposal is to foster scientific cooperation between the Russian Federation and the European Union in the development and scientific exploitation of large-scale research infrastructures. It has been triggered by the recent so-called megascience projects initiative launched by and in the Russian Federation which is now very actively seeking European integration. The proposed megascience facilities have an enormous potential for the international scientific communities and represent a unique opportunity for the EU to engage in a strong collaborative framework with the Russian Federation.
The CREMLIN proposal is a first and path finding step to identify, build and enhance scientific cooperation and strong enduring networks between European research infrastructures and the corresponding megascience facilities to maximize scientific returns. The proposal follows the specific recommendations of an EC Expert Group by devising concrete coordination and support measures for each megascience facility and by developing common best practice and policies on internationalisation and opening.
CREMLIN will thus effectively contribute to better connect Russian RIs to the European Research Area.
- Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH, Germany
- Federal State Budgetary Organization B.P. Konstantinov Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute,
- Russian Research Center Kurchatov Institute, Russia
- Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research in Europe GmbH, Germany
- Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, Russia
- Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht – Zentrum für Material- und Küstenforschung GmbH, Germany
- Technische Universität München, Germany
- Institut Max von Laue - Paul Langevin, France
- European Spallation Source ESS AB, Sweden
- Installation européenne de rayonnement synchrotron, France
- European X-Ray Free-Electron Laser Facility GmbH, Germany
- Association internationale Extreme Light Infrastructure Delivery Consortium, Belgium
- Commissariat à l'énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives, France
- Institute of Applied Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
- European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland
- Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics SB RUS, Russia
- A.V.Shubnikov Institute of Crystallography Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
- Lunds Universitet, Sweden
Start Date: 2015-09-01
End Date: 2018-09-01
EUR 1 696 250
EUR 1 696 250
Coordination & support action
Topic: INFRASUPP-6-2014 - International cooperation for research infrastructures
Funded under: H2020-EU.184.108.40.206.