The Helmholtz Management Academy
The Helmholtz Management Academy has taught research and infrustructure management since 2007. Its subjects include strategic activities, organising structures and processes, and staff management.
The Helmholtz Management Academy is open to those with responsibility for science or administration within the Helmholtz Association. Members of partner organisations and universities are also welcome to attend courses.
What makes the Helmholtz Management Academy special?
- Management training with a focus on science: working with authentic materials and real-life cases, the Helmholtz Management Academy ensures that general management techniques are applied in a way which is relevant to science management. The methodology focuses on activity-oriented learning. Each course has at most 15 participants and is taught by two trainers. This guarantees that participants receive training directly relevant to their working lives.
- Personalised training on the core tasks of a participant's career stage: the courses are tailored to the needs of various target groups and structured according to the challenges of different levels of managerial responsibility from preparing for leadership to managing large organisational units. Additional optional modules cover specific topics.
- Individual career development: Helmholtz Management Academy courses provide participants with the opportunity to take stock of their career path and use mentoring and coaching services.
- Networking opportunities: courses, evenings around the fireplace with special guests, and services for alumni of the academy provide a wide range of networking opportunities. Participants and course materials remain accessible after the workshops via an online e-learning and networking platform.
The Helmholtz Association’s partners are HRpepper GmbH & Co. KgaA and Heitger Consulting. The Helmholtz Management Academy works with IBM Deutschland GmbH on the design of its e-learning platform.
- Dr. Esther Strätz
- Helmholtz Management Academy
- Berlin Office
- +49 30 206329-79
- Mandy Ritsche
- Assistant Academy/Mentoring
- Berlin Office
- +49 30 206329-46