The Helmholtz Association's annual budget of some €4.24 billion directly creates over 38,000 jobs. Scientist and researcher vacancies are advertised in English (the working language in the laboratory) here. A total list of vacancies, including those in corporate services (which are advertised in German) can be found here.
Maintaining a positive learning environment for talented early career researchers (ECRs) is a strategic priority for the Helmholtz Association. The Association's Initiative and Networking Fund (or President's Strategic Fund) finances programmes which enhance talent management strategies at the 18 Research Centres (the members of the Association). Overall strategic aims include:
- engaging children and young people in science
- training highly-skilled technicians and apprentices
- recruiting highly-talented researchers and science managers
- providing structured PhD programmes with university partners
- supporting postdoctoral development
- training highly-talented junior research group leaders
- providing management training for talented researchers science managers
- addressing equality of access to senior research careers, especially regarding women.
All research centres are committed to training the next generation of scientists, science managers and technicians who run the science infrastuture without which experiments would be impossible.
Promoting young researchers is a major priority for the Helmholtz Association. Its qualification schemes for young researchers are geared mainly towards PhD students, postdocs and young managers. In addition, the Association organises activities for children, teenagers, undergraduate students and apprentices to help ensure there will be plenty of qualified researchers in the future.
- Dr. Korinna Strobel
- Head Strategy
- Berlin Office
- +49 30 206 329-41
- Immo Korte
- Head Administration
- Berlin Office
- +49 30 206329-48
Helmholtz and Friends
Helmholtz & Friends is the Helmholtz Association’s network, providing a platform for peers to come together and share their experiences of leadership, career development and lifelong learning. More information about the network