National Contact Points for Climate action, Raw materials, Environment and Resource Efficiency
Project Reference: 642025
Coordinator: Forschungszentrum Jülich
The National Contact Points perform valuable services in guiding and supporting national applicants in preparing proposals for Horizon 2020 funding. We expect that through an enhanced cooperation and networking between these national entities, a higher quality of their consulting services and thus of proposals and projects can be achieved. Therefore, the overall objective of NCPs CaRE is to form a joint cooperation network of experienced and less experienced NCPs on SC5 “Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials” which aims at pooling their resources and know-how to raise the overall quality of services provided to their clients.
By involving 24 formally nominated National Contact Points across Europe, the NCPs CaRE project will significantly strengthen trans-national cooperation. In addition, NCPs CaRE will extensively involve the 26 NCPs that have decided to become “associated partner”. To harness synergies is especially relevant to SC5 NCPs, since potential applicants within this Challenge are very diverse with respect to their scientific or organisational background, level of experience, involvement in transnational networks.
Concretely, activities of NCPs CaRE towards this goal include, amongst others, teaming and twinning schemes, the compilation of best practices handbooks and manuals, events, meetings and trainings both on-line and on a face-to-face basis, as well as a wide range of other communication and dissemination tools and platforms.
These activities foreseen by NCPs CaRE will contribute to enhancing the impact of R&I in SC5 and ensure a more efficient use of resources and R&I developments by improving the work flow between NCPs, applicants, the Commission, and other parties with a stake in SC5. Tailor-made like they are for the SC5 constituency, these activities will make it easier for all participating and benefitting NCPs to enhance the number of proposals with regards to both quantity and quality.
- Research Promotion Foundation, Cyprus
- Agence de l'environnement et de la maîtrise de l'énergie,France
- Suomen Akatemia, Finland
- Agencija za mobilnost i programe EU, Croatia
- Agenzia per la Promozione della Ricerca Europea, Italy
- Agence bruxelloise pour l'Entreprise, Belgium
- Centro para el Desarrollo Tecnológico Industrial, Spain
- Centrul Proiecte Internaţionale, Moldova
- Centrum vedecko-technických informácií Slovenskej republiky, Slovakia
- Dienst voor Wetenschappelijke en Technische Informatie – Service d'information scientifique et technique, Belgium
- Sihtasutus Eesti Teadusagentuur, Estonia
- Verein Euresearch, Switzerland
- Ministerie van Economische Zaken, Netherlands
- Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, Portugal
- Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas, Greece
- Instytut Podstawowych Problemów Techniki Polskiej Akademii Nauk, Poland
- Luxinnovation GIE, Luxembourg
- Matimop, Israeli Industry Center for Research & Development, Israel
- Ministrstvo za izobraževanje, znanost in šport, Slovenia
- Ministarstvo prosvete, nauke i tehnološkog razvoja, Serbia
- The Icelandic Centre for Research, Iceland
- Technologické centrum Akademie věd České republiky, Czech Republic
Start Date: 2015-02-01
End Date: 2019-02-01
EUR 1 999 932
EUR 2 092 683
Coordination & support action
Topic: SC5-19a-2014 - Facilitating transnational cooperation between NCPs in Societal Challenge 5
Funded under: H2020-EU.3.5.