Innovation Fund of the Helmholtz Centers
The Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) promotes knowledge transfer at Helmholtz: It provides the transfer offices of some Helmholtz centers with additional budgets for innovation projects.
The Innovation Fund, which amounts to 2.4 million euros, supports groundbreaking transfer projects each year and also co-finances important funding instruments such as the Helmholtz Validation Fund.
The budget is managed independently by the transfer centers and flows into projects at the following Helmholtz Centers:
- German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE)
- Forschungszentrum Jülich (FZJ)
- GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel
- Helmholtz Centre Potsdam – GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
- Helmholtz Zentrum München - German Research Center for Environmental Health (HMGU)
- Helmholtz Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR)
- Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI)
- Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association (MDC)
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)