The Helmholtz Association is firmly committed to equal opportunities for all. Strategic talent management is a key component of its mission and promoting equal opportunities constitutes a central prerequisite for such an endeavor: Achieving scientific excellence relies on matching outstanding talents with the right position, irrespective of gender.
In practice, this means fostering a work environment that allows early stage researches as well as experiences scientists, administrators and managers to fully develop their personal and professional potential. Key elements in achieving this aim are:
- Equal opportunities as an assessment criterion in the review of research programs
- A range of programs aimed at increasing the compatibility of family and career
- Continuous best practice and knowledge exchange among Helmholtz Centers
- Funding programs that specifically aim to increase the number of women in top-level positions
Promoting equal opportunity is a consistent focus across all Helmholtz talent management measures.
- Daniel Riesenberg
- Strategy and organizational development
- Berlin Office
- +49 30 206 329-43
- Dr. Martina von der Ahe
- Speaker workgroup of the equal opportunities officers
- +49 246 1614433