Joint Initiative for Research and Innovation
With the "Pact for Research and Innovation", the federal and state governments are strengthening the competitiveness of the science system: The funding initiative is aimed specifically at non-university research in Germany.
In addition to the Helmholtz Association, other leading German research institutions are funded through the Pact.
The Pact provides for an annual budget increase of currently three percent. This opens up new scope for action and development. In return, we are making decisive contributions to growth and prosperity. Important priorities include
- the focus on excellence
- the expansion of cooperative ventures
- networking and knowledge and technology transfer
- the promotion of young scientists
- the progressive internationalization of the community
- Ensuring an attractive, opportunity- and family-friendly environment for our employees.
Information on the measures we have taken and their successes is provided annually in our monitoring report. To achieve our common goals, we rely primarily on three instruments: cross-center program-oriented funding, the development and operation of complex infrastructures and unique large-scale equipment, and the President's Initiative and Networking Fund.