Trans-European Research Training Network on Engineering and Provisioning of Service-Based Cloud Applications
Project Reference: 264840
Activity Code: FP7-PEOPLE-2010-ITN
Coordinator: Karlsruher Institut für Technologie
Background and motivation: The combination of cloud computing, service-orientation, and on-demand application delivery is bringing about a paradigm shift in our ways of computer usage. As the software industry moves closer to service-based application engineering and cloud-based application delivery, the traditional models, methodologies, and technologies for developing and offering software applications are becoming increasingly challenged. Emerging questions and research challenges form a vibrant new field with tremendous industrial innovation potential in which Europe needs to establish excelling research. Timely and focused education of future researchers in this area is therefore essential.
- The RELATE Initial Training Network aims to establish a network of international academic and industrial partners for a joint research training effort in the area of engineering and provisioning service-based cloud applications. The training is intended to not only shape high-level academic researchers, but also educate next generation experts and innovators in the European software industry.
- Through an integrative and multidisciplinary research approach, RELATE aims to promote the advancement of the state of the art in the related areas of model-driven engineering and formal methods, service-based mash-ups and application integration, security, performance, and trust in service-based cloud applications, and quality management and business model innovation.
Consortium: The RELATE Initial Training Network joins organisations with internationally recognised research activities in the area of engineering and provisioning of service-based applications. At its core, the network consists of five academic organisations and two companies from Germany, Greece, France, UK and Czech Republic, and is complemented by six additional industrial and academic associated partners from Germany, Greece, and France.
Start Date: 2011-03-01
End Date: 2015-02-28
EU Contribution: 5 088 156 Euro
Total Costs: 5 088 156 Euro
Programme Acronym: FP7-People
Subprogramme Area: FP7-PEOPLE-2010-ITN Marie-Curie Action: "Initial Training Networks"
- UNIVERSITE DE RENNES I – France
- SINGULARLOGIC ANONYMOS ETAIRIA PLIROFORIAKON SYSTIMATON & EFARMOGON PLIROFORIKIS – Greece
- KENTRO EREVNON NOTIOANATOLIKIS EVROPIS ASTIKI MI KERDOSKOPIKI ETAIREIA – Greece
- KING'S COLLEGE LONDON – United Kingdom
- UNIVERZITA KARLOVA V PRAZE – Czech Republic
- CAS SOFTWARE AG – Germany
- Dr. Silke Gundel
- Delegate for the research area Health
- +32 2 5000 978