ERA-NET MARitime TEChnologies II
Project Reference: 266111
Activity Code: SST.2010.6-3.
Coordinator: Forschungszentrum Jülich
An ERA-NET on maritime technologies (MARTEC) began with 12 ministries and funding organisations from 9 European countries in 2006. There was little or no contact prior to its establishment.
MARTEC quickly formed a strong network and has launched calls in 2008, 2009 with a further one planned for 2010. So far applications for proposals have involved participants from 8 countries, and projects funded total about 10 million Euros. Given the success of the first phase, 19 ministries and funding organisations from 15 countries are now involved in MARTEC. Although we now have experience of working across national borders, the programme management and project handling are still quite different.
We need to iron out discrepancies, which can be achieved through the development of common procedures. To deepen and broaden co-operation in the field of maritime research, we need to develop more flexible procedures. There has been real advantage of working together so we need to pave the way for the establishment of long lasting systems. MARTEC II will move from a basic understanding of each others procedures and priorities to real information exchange based on trust and actively looking to work with partners across national borders.
MARTEC II will: Broaden the geographical scope through the inclusion of new countries. Intensify cooperation by launching calls and joint programmes. Strengthen the dissemination of waterborne research results throughout Europe. The structuring of maritime research will be better coordinated through a programme database and research mapping. There will be information exchange and stronger cooperation between MARTEC and WATERBORNETP, other ERA-NETs (e.g. TRANSPORT II) as well as other initiatives, such as the network SURSHIP, which is essential for future activities. MARTEC will also establish future structures for a sustainable network.
Start Date: 2011-01-01
End Date: 2014-12-31
EU Contribution: 1 999 915 Euro
Total Costs: 2 284 114 Euro
Contract Type: Coordination (or networking) actions
Programme Acronym: FP7-Transport
Subprogramme Area: SST.2010.1.1-1. Carbon footprint of freight transport
Administrative Contact Person: Anke KRÜGER (Ms.)
- NARODOWE CENTRUM BADAN I ROZWOJU - Poland
- UNITATEA EXECUTIVA PENTRU FINANTAREA INVATAMANTULUI SUPERIOR, A CERCETARII, DEZVOLTARII SI INOVARII – Romania
- NORGES FORSKNINGSRAD - Norway
- KONETEKNOLOGIAKESKUS TURKU OY OYJ – Finland
- KLAIPEDOS UNIVERSITETAS – Latvia
- ICELANDIC MARITIME ADMINISTRATION - Iceland
- FUNDACION INSTITUTO TECNOLOGICO PARA EL DESARROLLO DE LAS INDUSTRIAS MARITIMAS - Spain
- TURKIYE BILIMSEL VE TEKNOLOJIK ARASTIRMA KURUMU – Turkey
- BUNDESMINISTERIUM FUER WIRTSCHAFT UND TECHNOLOGIE – Germany
- MERITEOLLISUUSYHDISTYS RY – Finland
- CENTRE D'ETUDES TECHNIQUES MARITIMES ET FLUVIALES – France
- SWEDISH MARITIME ADMINISTRATION – Sweden
- THE TECHNOLOGY STRATEGY BOARD – United Kingdom
- SØFARTSSTYRELSEN – Denmark
- NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF BELARUS – Belarus
- MINISTERIE VAN ECONOMISCHE ZAKEN, LANDBOUW EN INNOVATIE - Netherlands