Linking Russia to the ERA: Coordination of MS/AC S&T programmes towards and with Russia
Activity Code: INCO-2007-3.1.2
Coordinator: International Bureau of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research at the German Aerospace Center (DLR)
Major objectives of ERA.Net RUS are:
- Raising knowledge on bilateral and national S&T programmes with or towards Russia and on relevant activities of other programme owners;
- Identifying strengths and challenges of present bilateral S&T programmes of member states/ associated countries with Russia.
- Learning lessons from ongoing (thematic) ERA-NETs involving Russian programme owners and Identifying good practice from other international ERA-NETs.
- Identifying common ground across bilateral S&T programmes of MS/AC with Russia and Providing a basis for a joint programmatic approach.
- Developing an appropriote instrumental setting for joint funding activities
- Testing a scenario and learning lessons from a pilot joint call.
- Developing and promoting a sustainable joint programme with Russia
In order to achieve these objectives ERA.Net RUS will
- implement a knowledge-based dialoque between programme owners in EU member states, associated countries and Russia.
- identify options for joint funding activities of particular benefit for programme owners in EU member states/ associated countries and develop respective implementation scenarios.
- implement a pilot joint call of interested programme owners in EU member states and associated countries and Russia from inside and outside the project consortium and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the joint funding scheme.
- develop a sustainable S&T (and/or innovation) programme to be agreed upon by interested programme owners from EU member states/ associated countries and Russia.
With respect to the work programme, ERA.Net RUS will: facilitate mutual learning and drawing (joint) conclusions of programme owners create synergies, increase impact, reinforce cooperation among S&T programmes and reduce fragmentation facilitate the development and implementation of joint programmes allow larger networking in a wider European Research Area address new EU member states and accession countries not overlap but create synergies with other ERA-NET activities assure sustainability of activities and lasting impact.
Start Date: 01.02.2009
End Date: 31.01.2013
EU Contribution: 2.6 Mio. Euro
Total Costs: 3.08 Mio. Euro
Funding Scheme: Coordination (or networking) actions
Administrative Contact Person: Dr Jörn Sonnenburg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Scientific Coordinator: Franziska Müller,email@example.com
Project Website: http://www.eranet-rus.eu/
- International Bureau of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research at the German Aerospace Center (DLR), Germany
- Russian Research Centre Kurchatov Institute, Russian Federation
- Commission of the European Communities - Directorate General Joint Research Centre JRC, Belgium
- Ministère des Affaires Étrangères et Européennes, France
- International Centre for Innovations in Science, Technology and Education, Russian Federation
- Suomen Akatemia, Finland
- Turkiye Bilimsel ve Teknolojik Arastirma Kurumu, Turkey
- Zentrum für Soziale Innovation, Austria
- A.N. Bakh Institute of Biochemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Russian Federation
- Geniki Grammatia Erevnas Kai Technologias, Ypourgio Anaptikis, Greece
- Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung, Germany
- Ministère de l'Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche, France
- Norges Forskningsrad, Norway
- Nemzeti Kutatási és Technológiai Hivatal, Hungary
- Sihtasutus Archimedes, Estonia
- Bundesministerium für Wissenschaft und Forschung, Austria
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), France
- State University Higher School of Economics, Russian Federation