Knowledge is mainly disseminated by people interacting and coexisting with each other. That is why the exchange between research and application, between Helmholtz Centers and businesses, is so important to us. It spreads our ideas and findings – and inspires us. Over the past few years we have developed a number of event formats to promote this exchange.
From 2012 to 2015, the Helmholtz Association and the other leading German research organizations – Max Planck, Fraunhofer, and Leibniz – offered a joint partnering platform called Innovation Days.
The format is currently suspended.
A theme was selected each year for the presentations (pitches) of the 40 best technologies and start-up projects from the four organizations:
- 2015: Life sciences (focus on nutrition & crop science) and physical sciences (focus on photonics & sensor technologies)
- 2014: Life sciences (focus on biotechnology) and chemical & physical sciences (focus on materials & lightweight construction)
- 2013: Life sciences (focus on medical technology) and physical sciences (focus on information and communication technologies (ICT) & big data)
- 2012: Life sciences (focus on pharmaceuticals) and physical sciences & engineering (focus on energy and clean tech)
- N. N.
- Head of Department Transfer and Innovation
- Dr. Martin Kamprath
- Program Manager Transfer and Innovation
- +49 30 206329-77