We bring our knowledge to society: Helmholtz researchers cooperate with industry, found companies and license inventions. We also make our unique research facilities available to external experts.
The results of these activities:
- Each year, we launch about 2,000 collaborative projects with companies
- These collaborations generate annual revenues of 150 million euros
- We apply for around 400 industrial property rights and patents each year
- We already hold a total of 13,000 property rights
- Every year we conclude around 1,400 new license, option and transfer agreements
- Around 20 new high-tech spin-offs are founded each year