Galileo Ready Advanced Mass MArket Receiver
Project Reference: 227890
Coordinator: German Aerospace Center (DLR)
Building on the success of FP6 projects, in particular the GREAT project, GRAMMAR seeks to address the mass market receiver by extending the current state-of-the-art technologies for the mass market segment.
Specifically, we are addressing the following gaps identified as obstacles for producing high-quality mass market receivers:
- No economic solutions for accurate dual-frequency RF and baseband hardware
- No existing GPS/GALILEO receiver solutions
- Poor robustness and location availability in indoor and urban environments
The goals of GRAMMAR's technical work are:
- The development of a hardware prototype for a mass market receiver using a single chip dual frequency receiver and an FPGA based baseband allowing for rapid prototyping of advanced algorithms and techniques.
- he identification, evaluation and simulation of enhanced algorithm concepts for next generation mass market receivers.
We aim to produce functional prototypes of the receiver and its components, enabling practical testing and demonstration at the completion of the project.
Start Date: 2009-02-01
End Date: 2011-07-31
EU Contribution: 1 999 581 Euro
Total Costs: 2 656 414 Euro
Programme Acronym: FP7-Transport
Subprogramme Area: GALILEO-2007-3.1-01 Mass Market Receiver
Administrative Contact Person: Stephan SAND
- TTY-SAATIO – Finland
- ACORDE TECHNOLOGIES S.A. – Spain