Taking the lead
This programme provides profound insight into leadership in all relevant dimensions.
What to expect:
- You will learn about the essential processes of goal-oriented leadership in the form of the “leadership cycle”.
- You will acquire an understanding of aspects of leadership in scientific organisations.
- You will learn about strategy and controlling as management responsibilities.
- You will find out how to use controlling instruments effectively to measure strategic success.
- You will identify potential insecurity in dealing with your staff and learn how to overcome it.
- You will learn how to deploy your staff according to their strengths and will develop ways to foster their performance and motivation.
- You will think about your unit’s role in the context of your organisation as a whole.
- You will learn how to deal with the rules of the game and with dynamics in complex organisations such as the Helmholtz Association.
The target group is managers in science and administration who have assumed a managerial role for the first time. This group includes team leaders at infrastructure facilities, as well as managers of groups, departments, laboratories and projects who are new to their leadership role. The programme is also suitable for professors who have recently been awarded a chair.
5.600,- Euro for Helmholtz employees
11.200,- Euro for external participants
(Prices do not include VAT)
Module 1: Further developing your role as a manager (2,5 days)
Module 2: Leading and developing staff (3 days)
Module 3: Using strategy and controlling in management (2 days)
Module 4: Managing complex organisations (2 days)
2 optional modules (each 2,5 days)
- Dr Esther Strätz
- Helmholtz Management Academy
- Berlin Office
- +49 30 206329-79
- Mandy Ritsche
- Assistant Academy/Mentoring
- Berlin Office
- +49 30 206329-46