This programme provides a compact overview of the latest thinking on the systemic management of complex organisations, which must meet a wide range of demands from the science community, the political sphere and business and industry. The course is based on a systemic view of organisation and management that perceives organisations as social systems, as defined in the new St. Gallen Management Model.
What to expect:
- You will understand the essentials of managing complex organisa¬tions and the particular role of good management in this context.
- You will learn about various types of strategy processes in organisations and how to apply them. The aim here is to develop a shared vision for the future.
- You will acquire insight into the overall context of all functional areas of managerial responsibility, such as strategy development and financial management, and learn about the relevant management tools.
- You will think about your managerial role and expand your repertoire of management and collaborative practices.
- You will hear ideas on managing change within an organisation – ranging from the creation of a sustainable basis of legitimacy to mobilising people.
- You will learn how to improve your organisation’s working capacity and decision-making capability via strategic process management.
This course is aimed at those involved in their organisation’s strategy and agenda, and whose function is visible both internally and externally. The target group includes programme spokespersons, as well as heads of institutes, departments and divisions, in their strategic role.
10.150,- Euro for Helmholtz employees
20.300,- Euro for external participants
(Prices do not include VAT)
Module 1: Managing complex organisations (3 days)
Module 2: Developing strategies for programme-oriented research (3 days)
Module 3: Implementing organisational change (3 days)
Module 4: Managing strategic processes (3 days)
Optional Module (2,5 days)
- Dr Esther Strätz
- Helmholtz Management Academy
- Berlin Office
- +49 30 206329-79
- Mandy Ritsche
- Assistant Academy/Mentoring
- Berlin Office
- +49 30 206329-46
Managing complex organisations:
31.05.-02.06.2017 (in St. Gallen/Schweiz)
Developing strategies for programme-oriented research:
Implementing organisational change:
06.12. – 08.12.2017
Managing strategic processes:
21.03. – 23.03.2018