The Virtual Institute is managed by a coordinating committee formed from nominated representatives from each of the main partner institutions. It is chaired by the spokesman of the VI.
- Prof. Dr. Ulrich Stroth (IPP) - Chairman
- Dr. Garrard Conway (IPP) - Coordinator/Secretary
- Dr. Walter Kasparek (IGVP)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Thomas Eibert (TUM)
- Prof. Ambrogio Fasoli (CRPP)
- Dr. Pascale Hennequin (LPP)
- Dr. Andreas Kraemer-Flecken (FZJ)
The coordinating committee aims to meet 1-2 times a year, typically for half to one day, to discuss management issues such as achievement of milestones, budget situation, rearrangement of work plan etc. Ideally, a coordinating committee meeting will be preceded by a scientific workshop to make available all necessary input for the decisions to be taken.